May 6, 2020

Remembering Lawrence Durdin-Robertson


Today we honor Olivia's brother and FOI co-founder, Lawrence Durdin-Robertson, on what would have been his 100th birthday.  (May 6, 1920)  Click on the audio link below to hear how he described his own background:



Audio transcript (mp3/1:32 min/361 kb):
“I started as the Church of Ireland, or as we call Anglican, as an Anglican. I suppose one approaches. . . everyone is basically interested in religion, and their first approach is through their religion to which they were born, and as I say I was born into the Church of Ireland, the Anglican Church. And then my horizon broadened and I became interested in many other religions, and so many of them the last 150 years have been prevented, Indian, Chaldean, Egyptian, Japanese, the old Norse and Celtic, and so on - that my horizon broadened, so I became – actually I call it – a Universalist, believing in all the religions, but particularly of course, the fair feminine aspect, which is now very much coming into the fore again. Of course you get that in Christianity, particularly in the cult of the Divine Wisdom, Sophia, that you get of course in the Hebrew Bible, Hakma, but also in the Virgin Mary. So there isn’t really such a gap because the Virgin Mary has many of the titles as the Goddess Isis. Isis represents all women and corresponds to all the Great Goddesses or in fact, every Goddess, or every woman to that extent."

The Life and Works of Lawrence Durdin-Robertson:
http://fellowshipofisis.com/lawrencedurdinrobertson.html


(©  photo from the Occult Experience video, created with permission; audio by the FOI Homepage; all copyrights reserved.)

Fellowship of Isis Homepage Archive