Welcome Aset Shemsu! The Fellowship of Isis is an international organization founded in 1976 by Olivia Robertson, Lawrence and Pamela Durdin-Robertson. Societies include: the College of Isis, Spirals of the Adepti & Alchemy, Druid Clan of Dana, Noble Order of Tara & the Muses Symposium. This blog is maintained by the FOI Homepage Archive for the purpose of sharing FOI-related information, updates to our website, as well as announcements sent directly from the FOI Foundation Center.
Audio transcript: "Companions on the quest for occult wisdom hidden
within the Great Deep, know that the Sign of Cancer was reverenced in remote
antiquity. In the fourth month of the Chaldea Duzu, it is the Northern Gate of
the Sun whence, at the Summer Solstice, it commences its retrograde movement.
With Scorpio and Pisces, Cancer forms the Watery Trigon. To the Coptic
Egyptians, this sign was the Power of Darkness of the Jackal Anubis, Guide of
the Dead, a Deity of Sirius. It was known as the Dark Sign with no eyes. The
Ancient Egyptians knew it as Scarabeus, the beetle Kephera that holds the mud
ball of earth. Cancer is depicted as Sacer, the Water Beetle of Immortality, in
the most ancient Zodiac known, found in the Temple of Isis in the Denderah
Temple of Hathor."
(Photo of the Shrine of Cancer, honoring Juno: Foundation Center
Castle, copyright Durdin-Robertson.)
The painting directly over the altar is of the Goddess Dana, as seen in a
vision by Olivia Robertson in 1952. On left, ‘Mari of the Mists’ of the Atlantic
Ocean, Daughter of Manannan Mac Lir. Statuette of Dana, Mother of All the Gods
and Goddesses of Ireland and Her Beloved Daughter Bride of the Well; Aengus Og,
God of Love and Joy with his Birds. Altar Front: New Moon over Mt. Leinster.
Left of Shrine, Painting of Fionnuala and the Swan of Lir. Right of Shrine,
Etaine and Midir, Sidhe. Windows – Left Osiris and His Son the Younger Horus,
Right – Isis with Her Daughter the Younger Hathor. All painted by Olivia
(photo taken at the FOI Foundation Center, copyright M. Quick)
"The garden is counted to be the second oldest garden in Ireland. The terraces were laid out by Alexander (ii) Durdin in about 1860. Much of the wilderness was tilled, for root crops. The terraces were dug down about 4 feet and the bank removed by the Rev. Lawrence Durdin-Robertson, who also filled in the path on the southeast side of the Castle and the path running from the house to the centre walk."
Quote from "Clonegal Castle" by Lawrence Durdin-Robertson. Photo of Castle grounds, copyright Durdin-Robertson.
From the book "Sophia, Cosmic Consciousness of the Goddess", by Olivia Robertson:
"Companions on the quest for Intuition and Clear Minds, know that the constellation of the Dioscuri, the Twins, is depicted in the Denderah Zodiac of Ancient Egypt as the Lion God Shu, Bringer of flowing waters, and His twin the Lion Goddess Tefnut, Lady of Heaven. They are shown facing each other, holding hands. These Divine Twins were born of the Goddess Nebhet-hotep, Great in Magic, Wife to the God Atum of primaeval waters. The Lion Pair in their turn brought forth the Goddess Nuit of the starry sky, and the God Geb, of the earth. Isis and Osiris, sister and brother, were born of these, and the rest of the Great Ennead of Heliopolis, which includes Shu and Tefnut, Isis and Osiris, Ra, Geb, Nephthys, Horus and Hathor. The virtuous are revived through Tefnut: 'I have brought to him the Goddess Tefnut and he liveth! The soul which dwelleth in Tefnut abideth in bliss in Her realm beyond death'. Thus to the Egyptians, Gemini was the House of Life here and in the next world. It was also the sphere of twin souls."