April 22, 2014

Earth Day Blessings

"I lapsed into unconsciousness and I descended through the earth and through time and through long memories of past lives. I fell through enveloping darkness and I reached flames of fire and a bitumous green molten lake with strange inhabitants like nothing I had ever imagined. And I sank still further into unconsciousness but I still held a thread of memory until I sank below even unconsciousness into death. And I passed a barrier and I was awake and I found myself within earth's heart. And there before me in realms of glory was a Goddess of surpassing beauty. Her hair shone golden like the sun and Her robe was the deep blue of the sea. And the greatness of Her aura filled the earth and reached the stars. She was brighter than a thousand suns. And I felt a happiness I have not ever felt before or since, for this was the Mother of us all."   Olivia Robertson, "Gaea, Initiations of the Earth"


("Young Earth Is Sleeping" illustration by Olivia Robertson. Another version is included in "Gaea" along with the above quote - this version is scanned from an original drawing. Copyright reserved.)