April 12, 2019

Olivia Robertson - Archival Letter


In honor of Olivia Robertson on what would have been her 102nd birthday (see the previous post also), please click on the link below to hear her reading a letter, entitled "The Real World":
(mp3 / 6:41 min / 1.5 mb)

Audio transcript:
" 'Get real!' How depressing. The dream world is beautiful, hopeful, kind, imaginative. 'The Real World', so called, is harsh, cruel, stupid and meaningless. But we are told it is the only world that exists! Life after death is a delusion. Life before death is non-existent. Goddesses and Gods, Angels and Nature Spirits, Faeries, Spirits – are hallucinations. No wonder anti-depressive drugs are sold in billions, and suicides increase among young people. How can we live without hope, joy, and eternal love?

"For me, Space and Time exist in total reality. It is all there – NOW . . . Space is a mighty spiral of planetary and stellar scenes that exist in eternity. Time is not a line with a beginning and an end. It is a radiating centre that pierces through all galactic centres – and in every atom, every being.

"Fine words? I have discovered this on my own – not out of books or courses! I found my prophetic gift developed when I would say of the future: 'What actually did happen?' As a child I regarded myself as 'Olivia in History Land.' It was all there and I could act in different chapters. I could come back to the book when I liked, and become a little figure in coloured illustrations. I left the book 'through the margin.'

"As I grew up, I would know when people were going to die. So when the time came I would turn up during sleep hours, to give a helping hand. I noticed that I would appear in the dying person's imagination, as 'the immortal Beloved.' Only children seemed to like me as me! I could speak what I called 'think-thought language.' This came out in the language of the person concerned. When I was visited by Divine Beings, they all spoke with an English accent! There is a psychic translator within the soul.

"As I grew older I learnt that what one psychically sees of future events can appear alarming. Yet this is not often the case when they really happen. To give an example, I used to be horrified by psychic visits to future cities that were roofed in with vast halls – giant restaurants – restrooms and long glassy corridors. I felt it was frightening, inhuman. After all, I was living in the deep Irish countryside. Years later on a visit to Dublin, I was amazed to find a huge building complex exactly as I had once seen it in vision. This was my first experience of a shopping complex, replete with all the restaurants, shops – roofed in. And I liked it! After all, the people were friendly, not aliens, and the food was good, the shops fun. So much for my prophetic fears.

"So, which is the Real World – the astral spheres of beauty which we long for – or - the so-called real world around us, which most people accept as the only reality. Before I studied Isian Alchemy I would have believed that Heaven was eternal, real. This world was only an illusion created as a learning experience, preparing us for better things. To despise the world, to seek higher spiritual being, was taught in practically every spiritual book I read and believed in.

"But as we move away from the Patriarchal intellectual ladder of the philosophical hierarchy – a ladder with GOOD at the top and BAD at the muddy bottom. We were all actors of love, eating, drinking - were all acts of love, eating, drinking, sport, fun, a temporary delusion? Did I need to disappear into some New Age Hermitage? Of course! I could include the earth, material existence, within The Divine Whole...

"Answer for me – yes! You don’t defeat evil by fighting it, ignoring it, hating it. You re-cycle it, much as we re-cycle organic compost. Mother Nature is not profligate as is assumed. Every atom – you name it – is part of the almighty whole, which includes galaxies and the feared Black Holes. After all, Black Holes are a womb - they're tunnels between the spheres of being from one state to another.

"I received from the Realm of Spirit a handy method of achieving Harmony with diversity. Take a long strip of paper and write a horizontal line of emblems of religions, political parties, people – species – whatever interests you. They are of course all separate. Now fold the paper in squares, a separate square for each emblem. Take a sharp instrument – and pierce the thickness of the folded paper. Thus each emblem, once separate, are One! You can call the paper, Space or Love: the instrument – Time, or Truth. By identifying with Centre, you can happily travel the Spheres, knowing that Infinite variety is yet linked through Divine Centre.

"Reality is where you are - NOW."


(© Samhain 2007 letter by Olivia Robertson; photo by Minette Quick; audio by the FOI Homepage; all copyrights reserved.)


Fellowship of Isis Homepage: http://www.fellowshipofisis.com