December 19, 2011

Winter Solstice Blessings

"Star Children" by Olivia Robertson

Blessings of the Winter Solstice!  Olivia Robertson writes in the liturgy booklet Dea:

"In a Seasonal Rite, the invocation is connected with a special time of year, with the cyclic movements of the celestial bodies and with the climatic changes of the earth. For those living in a town, cut off from nature in her wild form, even the visualising of Stonehenge and the Polar stars at the Winter Solstice brings food for the soul, a reminder of past incarnations, a harmony with nature spirits."

To celebrate the season, here is a special audio clip of Olivia as Oracle of the Goddess Rhea, from the FOI ritual, "Winter, Star Rite."  Click on the link below:

(MP3 file, 2:46 mins/649kb)

Audio transcript:
"If you would find me, look within yourself. Within you is space and time and all the stars that are. There is no star within my being that echoes not some hope, some dream, within each creature held within my Self. There is no distance in me, no separation: am I not the Void of Space? All moves with perfect accord within my blackness: and in my manifestation is there Light. Feel no fear. My life is eternal and so therefore all that have been, that are, that shall be, are my children. When you think - you reflect my thoughts; and when you feel - you know the beating of my heart. The breath of Life is mine and through this you live. Yet each of you is unique: if you were not so, you would not exist! Not one flower is like another. For in me is perfect Origin. Show forth my grace in your ideas and work, in individual particularity. For why should I hold in my embrace so many stars, if only one would do? Laugh! I am too great for solemnity: too mighty for analysis - yet none of my children may be belittled. In my laughter is heard the happy music of the constellations!"


**********************
Associated Archival Links:
Audio Gallery
Winter Star Rite